International Oral History of the Transition Movement : Wellington
In 2022, the Oral History Society launched a project to document and record interviews with people all over the world who have been involved with the Transition Movement. This is a key project for the OHS special interest group on Environment and Climate Change.
For the pilot project, four regions have been selected: France, the US, Sweden and Norway, and the UK.
TTW is delighted that our community has been selected to pioneer this new project in the UK, starting with a 2-day training day for volunteers in Feb 2024.
– The Transition movement is an important actor in the struggle to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and reduce local and global inequalities
– To encourage and inspire local activism, and improve people’s mental health
– To capture the real, personal stories that lie at the heart of Transition
– To reflect and build on the principles of the movement itself
– No oral history of the Transition Movement exists